Many time while working in office you may find unwanted popup appearing on your PC screen from nowhere. You may feel there is some kind of virus that is creating trouble and anti-virus is not working properly It’s time that you realize that this can not be due to a virus but can be the work of Spyware program.
According toMicrosoft – “Spyware and other unwanted software refers to software that performs certain tasks on your computer, typically without your consent. This may include giving you advertising or collecting personal information about you”. Spyware cannot be removed by Antivirus as Antivirus program is not supposed to do so.Spyware can create following problems:
- Browser search settings have changed without your knowledge. You may notice a new toolbar in your browser that you didn’t want, and find it difficult to get rid of.
- Computer is more prone to crashes.
- Unwanted pop-up advertisements even when you’re not on Web
- Computer takes longer than usual to complete certain tasks.
Spyware Removal Tool
- According to Microsoft best way to get rid of spyware is to download a Spyware removal tool and run the same on your computer.
- Other way can be to find programs in Add/Remove Program that you do not recognize or are named similarly to the program that is causing the unwanted behavior and remove it.